Outdoor exercise equipment is located at:
- Armadale (Reg Williams Reserve, Numlugi Street)
- Brookdale (Don Simmons Reserve, Tijuana Road)
- Kelmscott (Fancote Park, Page Road)
- Piara Waters (Rosette Park, Broadway Boulevard)
- Roleystone (Lina Hart Memorial Park, Westborne Road).
The equipment is free to use and available all year round. Why
- Aerobic Cycle: 2 - 3 minutes
- Elliptical Trainer: 2 - 3 minutes
- Leg Press: 10 - 15 reps
- Chest Press: 10 - 15 reps
- Pull Downs: 10 - 15 reps
- Incline Push Ups: 10 - 15 reps
- Seated Rows: 10 - 15 reps
- Walk / jog / skip: 5 - 10 minutes
- Sit-Ups: 10 - 15 repetitions
- Essential Stretching
- Calf stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- Quadriceps stretch
- Shoulder stretch
- Chest stretch
- Back stretch
Hold each stretch for 10 seconds for each side of the body.
- Warm up before starting and stretch after completing your workout
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- Drink plenty of water
- Be sun‑smart
- Go at your own pace and build up to higher intensity exercise
- If you have any health concerns seek medical advice before commencing
- Read the instructions on each piece of equipment and use accordingly
- Involve your friends and family and most importantly – have fun!
About U Fit
U Fit – Park Edition provides you with workouts that can be undertaken using the facilities available in most parks around the City. There are three levels suitable for those getting back into exercise through to our local fitness heroes!
U Fit – Park Edition signage has been installed at 12 of the City’s sporting grounds and parks. Details of these locations can be found below.
To ensure you are using the correct technique please watch the U Fit – Park Edition videos.
Contact the City on 9394 5840 if you have any questions.
- Rosette Park, Rosette Place, Piara Waters
- Piara Waters Pavilion, Wright Road, Piara Waters
- Bakers House, Welcome Meander, Harrisdale
- Skeet Oval, Armadale Road, Forrestdale
- Reg Williams Reserve, Numulgi Street, Armadale
- Gwynne Park, Seventh Road, Armadale
- Don Simmons Reserve, Tijuana Road, Brookdale
- Creyk Park, Waltham Road, Kelmscott
- John Dunn Memorial Park, Third Avenue, Kelmscott
- Fancote Park, Page Road, Kelmscott
- Frye Park, Clifton Street, Kelmscott
- Cross Park, Jarrah Road, Roleystone
U Fit workouts
Being active does not have to cost a thing! This guide provides you with information on opportunities to be active in your local environment, including:
- Walking groups
- Outdoor exercise sessions
- Cycling groups
- Bike trails and much more!
Champion Lakes parkrun is a free weekly 5km timed run that occurs every Saturday commencing at 8am, on the path circumventing the Champion Lakes Regatta Centre.
To join in parkrun simply visit the Parkrun website and complete a once off registration, print out your barcode and turn up on Saturday morning, it is that easy!