The City provides one bulk junk verge collection during school term 1 and two verge green waste collections to residential properties with a bin service.
Flyers outlining collection criteria and start date are delivered to letterboxes around 10 days prior to the start of collection. Verge collections generally take one week.
You can view your green waste collection date below.
Vacant land does not receive this service and residents and landowners must register for verge collection. For details please call Waste Services on 08 9394 5124.
We will collect items sorted into separate general junk, mattress, scrap metal and white goods piles.
Items we collect:
- Whitegoods (fridges, stoves, ovens, etc.) - detach doors from fridges and freezers
- Large household items such as old furniture
- Timber products up to 1.5 m (five feet) in length
- Mattresses – maximum of two per household
- Scrap metal.
Items we do not collect:
- E-waste including computers and televisions
- Flammable or chemical liquids
- Asbestos or fibre cement products
- Building materials
- Green waste
- Glass, including plate glass, glass furniture and shower screens
- Hazardous waste, including gas bottles.
Items we do not collect:
- Treated wood or sawn timber
- General household rubbish or junk
- Boxes containing anything other than green waste
- Green waste placed in plastic bags, chaff or hessian sacks
- Green waste contaminated with rubbish, wire or plastic
- Branches/limbs longer than 1.5 m (five feet)
- Tree trunks, stumps or limbs larger than 150 mm (six inches) in diameter
- Garden chemicals or gardening products such as pots, soils and reticulation.
- Place waste on the verge by 7am on the scheduled start date for your area. The contractor will only check the verge once
- If you are sharing a verge with a neighbour, notify the City prior to collection start date
- Place waste on the verge one metre (1m) back from the kerb, taking care not to obstruct footpaths, bus shelters, line of sight or create a safety hazard
- Place items clear of vehicles, trees, water meters, fences, letterboxes, reticulation and sprinklers to allow collection without causing damage
- Make sure there is no 6 cubic metres for general junk and combined metals and white goods or 6 cubic metres for green waste
- Excess waste will not be collected (waste over the size limit or volume limit)
- Do not put bulk junk out prior to your nominated weekend as you may receive a $200 litter infringement
- Green waste can be placed out two weekends prior, however is best placed on the verge the weekend prior to your start date.
If you have no verge or live in a battleaxe block, unit, rear collection (laneway) or hills site and are the owner, complete the Nomination for alternative collection location form.