The City provides one bulk junk verge collection and two verge green waste collections to residential properties with a bin service.
Flyers outlining collection criteria and start date are delivered to letterboxes around 10 days prior to the start of collection.
Vacant land does not receive this service.
We will collect items sorted into four separate piles.
- White Goods
- Metal Items
- Mattresses (limit 2 per household)
- Household furniture/bulky items
Items we collect:
- Whitegoods (fridges, stoves, ovens, etc.) - detach doors from fridges and freezers
- Items made from metal and scrap metal
- Large household items such as old furniture
- Timber products up to 1.5 m (five feet) in length
- Mattresses – maximum of two per household.
Items we do not collect:
- E-waste including computers and televisions
- Flammable or chemical liquids
- Asbestos or fibre cement products
- Building materials
- Green waste
- Glass, including plate glass, glass furniture and shower screens
- Hazardous waste, including gas bottles.
Any items that are not collected can be dropped off at the Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility. (Fees may apply)
To find out your zone enter your address at My Waste Collection Day
|Zone||Collection start||Place junk out only on the weekend of|
|1||4 May 2020||2 and 3 May 2020|
|2||27 April 2020||25 and 26 April 2020|
|3||20 April 2020||18 and 19 April 2020|
|4||30 March 2020||28 and 29 March 2020|
|5||6 April 2020||4 and 5 April 2020|
|6||3 February 2020||1 and 2 February 2020|
|7||10 February 2020||8 and 9 February 2020|
|8||17 February 2020||15 and 16 February 2020|
|9||24 February 2020||22 and 23 February 2020|
|10||2 March 2020||29 February and 1 March 2020|
|11||9 March 2020||7 and 8 March 2020|
|12||16 March 2020||14 and 15 March 2020|
|13||23 March 2020||21 and 22 March 2020|
Please Note: The dates in this table are subject to change, keep checking closer to your collection date for any updates. You will receive an orange flyer approximately 10 days prior to your start date advising when you can place your items on the verge.
Green waste we collect:
Tree branches and shrub prunings
- Maximum length 1.5 metres (5 feet)
- Maximum diameter 150mm (6 inches)
- Place cut ends towards the street
Lawn clippings, leaves and cuttings
- Piled with tree branches, no boxes or bags
Items we do not collect:
- Treated wood or sawn timber
- General household rubbish or junk
- Green waste placed in plastic bags, chaff or hessian sacks
- Green waste contaminated with rubbish, wire or plastic
- Branches/limbs longer than 1.5 m (five feet)
- Tree trunks, stumps or limbs larger than 150 mm (six inches) in diameter
- Garden chemicals or gardening products such as pots, soils and reticulation
- More than 6 cubic metres of green waste
- Place waste on the verge by 7am on the scheduled start date for your area. The contractor will only check the verge once.
- If you are sharing a verge with a neighbour, notify the City prior to collection start date.
- Place waste on the verge one metre (1m) back from the kerb, taking care not to obstruct footpaths, bus shelters, line of sight or create a safety hazard
- Place items clear of vehicles, trees, water meters, fences, letterboxes, reticulation and sprinklers to allow collection without causing damage
- Make sure there is no more than 4 cubic metres of general junk and mattresses, and no more than 4 cubic metres combined metals and white goods or 6 cubic metres for green waste
- Excess waste will not be collected (waste over the size limit or volume limit)
- Do not put bulk junk out prior to your nominated weekend as you may receive a $200 litter infringement
- Green waste can be placed out two weekends prior, however is best placed on the verge the weekend prior to your start date.
If you have no verge or live in a battleaxe block, unit, rear collection (laneway) or hills site and are the owner, complete the Nomination for alternative collection location form and send to Waste Services at email@example.com