The City provides an annual bulk verge collection.
We will collect items sorted into three separate piles.
- White Goods
- Metal Items
- Household furniture/bulky items
Items we collect:
- Whitegoods (fridges, stoves, ovens, etc.) - detach doors from fridges and freezers
- Items made from metal and scrap metal
- Large household items such as old furniture
- Timber products up to 1.5 m (five feet) in length
Items we do not collect:
- E-waste including computers and televisions
- Flammable or chemical liquids
- Asbestos or fibre cement products
- Building materials
- Green waste
- Glass, including plate glass, glass furniture and shower screens
- Hazardous waste, including gas bottles.
Any items that are not collected can be dropped off at the Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility. (Fees may apply)
Once your items have been collected, a quick clean up of any broken pieces left behind will help protect the local environment as they could be washed into local waterways or harm animals.
To look up your verge collection zone enter your address at the bottom of this page.
|ZONE||COLLECTION START||PLACE JUNK OUT ONLY ON THE WEEKEND OF|
|6||1 February 2021||30 and 31 January 2021|
|7||8 February 2021||6 and 7 February 2021|
|8||15 February 2021||13 and 14 February 2021|
|9||22 February 2021||20 and 21 February 2021|
|10||2 March 2021||27 and 28 February 2021|
|11||8 March 2021||6 and 7 March 2021|
|12||5 July 2021||3 and 4 July 2021|
|13||12 July 2021||10 and 11 July 2021|
|1||19 July 2021||17 and 18 July 2021|
|2||26 July 2021||24 and 25 July 2021|
|3||2 August 2021||31 July and 1 August 2021|
|4||9 August 2021||7 and 8 August 2021|
|5||16 August 2021||14 and 15 August 2021|
Please Note: The dates in this table are subject to change, keep checking closer to your collection date for any updates.
Collection dates will be provided in the Waste and Recycling Guide 2021 delivered to all households in mid-January 2021.
- Place waste on the verge on your scheduled weekend. The contractor will only check the verge once and starts at 7am on your starting Monday.
- If you are sharing a verge with a neighbour, notify the City prior to collection start date.
- Place waste on the verge one metre (1m) back from the kerb, taking care not to obstruct footpaths, bus shelters, line of sight or create a safety hazard.
- Place items clear of vehicles, trees, water meters, fences, letterboxes, reticulation and sprinklers to allow collection without causing damage.
- Make sure there is no more than 4 cubic metres of general junk and mattresses, and no more than 4 cubic metres combined metals and white goods.
- Excess waste will not be collected (waste over the size limit or volume limit).
- Do not put bulk junk out prior to your nominated weekend as you may receive a $200 litter infringement.
If you have no verge or live in a battleaxe block, unit, rear collection (laneway) or hills site and are the owner, complete the Nomination for alternative collection location form and send to Waste Services at email@example.com
Look up your verge collection zone by starting to enter your house number and street name and wait for a drop down box to appear and select your address.