The City provides an annual bulk verge collection.
We will collect items sorted into three separate piles:
- White goods
- Metal items
- Household furniture/bulky items
Items we collect:
- White goods (fridges, stoves, ovens, etc.) - detach doors from fridges and freezers
- Metal items and scrap metal
- Large household furniture and bulky items
Items we do not collect:
- Glass, including plate glass, mirrors, shower screens and glass in furniture
- Tyres or motor vehicle parts
- TV's, computers and printers
- Building materials, bricks, paving, tiles, toilet cisterns, concrete, wire, sand or cement
- Asbestos or fibre cement products
- Garden organics and food waste
- Fire extinguishers, EPIRBs or flares
- Hazardous waste, i.e. chemicals, oils, paint, pesticides, solvents, batteries, gas bottles, empty aerosol cans or smoke detectors
- Items over 1.8 metres in length and over the allowed volume
- Unsorted waste
Any items that are not collected can be dropped off at the Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility. (Fees may apply)
Once your items have been collected, a quick clean up of any broken pieces left behind will help protect the local environment. This stops debris being washed into local waterways or causing harm.
To look up your verge collection zone enter your address at the bottom of this page.
|ZONE||COLLECTION START||PLACE BULK WASTE OUT ONLY ON THE WEEKEND OF|
|6||30 January 2023||28 and 29 January 2023|
|7||6 February 2023||4 and 5 February 2023|
|8||13 February 2023||11 and 12 February 2023|
|9||20 February 2023||18 and 19 February 2023|
|10||27 February 2023||25 and 26 February 2023|
|11||6 March 2023||4 and 5 March 2023|
|12||3 July 2023||1 and 2 July 2023|
|13||10 July 2023||8 and 9 July 2023|
|1||24 July 2023||22 and 23 July 2023|
|2||31 July 2023||29 and 30 July 2023|
|3||7 August 2023||5 and 6 August 2023|
|4||14 August 2023||12 and 13 August 2023|
|5||21 August 2023||19 and 20 August 2023|
Please Note: The dates in this table are subject to change, keep checking closer to your collection date for any updates.
Collection dates will be provided in the Waste and Recycling Guide 2023 delivered to all households in December 2022. If you have misplaced your guide, call Waste Services on 9394 5124.
- Place waste on the verge on your scheduled weekend. The contractor will only check the verge once and the collection will start from 7am on the Monday, continuing in the area until all waste presented is collected.
- If you're sharing a verge with a neighbour, notify the City prior to collection start date.
- Place waste on the verge one metre (1m) back from the kerb, taking care not to obstruct footpaths, bus shelters, line of sight or create a safety hazard.
- Place items clear of vehicles, trees, water meters, fences, letterboxes, reticulation and sprinklers to allow collection without causing damage.
- Make sure there is no more than 4 cubic metres of general bulk waste and no more than 4 cubic metres combined metals and white goods.
- Excess waste will not be collected (waste over the size limit or volume limit).
- Do not put bulk waste out prior to your nominated weekend as you may receive a $200 litter infringement.
If you have no verge or live in a battleaxe block, unit, rear collection (laneway) or hills site and are the owner, complete the Nomination for alternative collection location form and send to Waste Services at email@example.com
Look up your verge collection zone by starting to enter your house number and street name and wait for a drop down box to appear and select your address.
X WA Day opening hours READ MORE