The City encourages residents and visitors to help keep our natural environment clean and litter free.
Littering is an offence under the Litter Act 1979 and the City's Resident Liaison Officers patrol and issue fines to offenders.
Illegal dumping is deliberate littering in:
- Building sites bins
- Vacant land
- Industrial and building sites
- Outside building shops and median strips.
Investigations into littering which are either found, through regular patrols, or reported, can lead to an infringement or prosecution.
You can report illegal dumping by calling (08) 9394 5000 or by email. Please provide as much detail as possible including registration plates, make of vehicle and description of offender.
The City's Removal of Rubbish, Refuse and Disused Materials Local Law was established to ensure that properties are maintained in a manner that is in keeping with the amenity of the area.
Refer to the Information Sheet below for information on:
- What is considered refuse, rubbish or disused material
- Clearing of refuse, rubbish or disused material
- Failure to comply with a Notice (if issued).