Demolition work means the demolition or removal of a building.
A demolition permit is required prior to commencing any work. The following is applicable:
- Freestanding class 10 buildings with an area of 40m2 or larger
- Building(s) baited for rodents 7 days prior to demolition commencing
- Notification utilities have been disconnected
- Septic tanks must be decommissioned or removed. Notify the City’s Health Services 7 days prior to emptying or filling sewage treatment tanks.
- A licensed contractor is not required to demolish a single story dwelling.
Asbestos fibers pose a serious health hazard. Buildings constructed in areas developed before 1990 may contain asbestos. Safe removal of asbestos must be adhered to.
Minimum requirements for an application are:
- Completed Demolition Permit Application Form (BA5)
- Supporting documentation.
For detailed information refer to the information sheet below.
Lodging your application
Once you have completed the application form it must be lodged with fee payment to the City, either in person or by post.
The City does not offer online submission for building applications.
Application fees are provided below.