Roads and Streetscapes

Roads and Streetscapes

Reporting Damage

To report pot holes, damaged kerbs or footpaths, flooded streets, damaged reserves (including play equipment) or any other maintenance issues contact the City on (08) 9394 5000 during business hours or 1300 886 885 after hours.

Traffic control signs and traffic lights are the responsibility of Main Roads WA. To report damaged signs and lights contact Main Roads WA on 1800 800 009. Damaged or missing street signs can be reported by contacting the City on (08) 9394 5000.

To report faulty streetlights contact Western Power on 1800 622 008.


How your verge is presented can make a big difference to how your home and neighbourhood appear.

The City of Armadale is encouraging residents to work on their verges to reap the benefits of better streetscapes.

The benefits include:

  • Streets with trees and planted areas are more attractive and comfortable to walk around. Walkable neighbourhoods encourage social interaction and are safer.
  • Planted areas provide a habitat for birds and encourage biodiversity.
  • Planted areas assist with urban heat reduction and storm water management.
  • Real estate values increase in areas with attractive streetscapes.

For more information and handy tips for your verge download the Armadale Streetscapes brochure and Fact Sheets below:

Street Tree Planting

The City's Parks Department provides a limited number of street trees to residents on an annual basis as part of its Street Tree Planting Program. Residents can request a street tree by filling out a Street Tree Request Form. Forms can be obtained by contacting the City on (08) 9394 5000 or by downloading the form below:

Street tree planting request form

Street trees are planted at 20 metre intervals and wherever possible the City aims to create a 'boulevard effect' by continuing to plant the same type of tree within each street.

Residents who request a street tree are responsible for watering it and should contact the City if they have any queries. Tree planting occurs on an annual basis during the winter period.

Verge Tree Pruning

The City maintains verge street trees and has implemented an extensive annual maintenance program to prevent trees interfering with overhead cables. If you have a tree or shrub that requires pruning you can contact the City on (08) 9394 5000.

Please note: naturally occurring (Indigenous) tree species such as Marri or Jarrah are maintained by Western Power. Western Power can be contacted on 13 13 51.

Verge ownership and treatment

The verge area in front of your property is owned by the Crown. It is vested in Council to ensure the verge area is not mistreated or damaged and any utilities located underneath the area are protected. Residents may improve the verge area, subject to written approval from Council. Please contact the City on (08) 9394 5000 for further information.

  • Crossover

    A crossover or private crossing is located between the road edge and the property line.

  • Road works.
    Traffic Management Plans

    Traffic management plans need to be submitted for certain works within City boundaries.