The City has received an application for the abovementioned proposal for 12 grouped dwellings, which involves the following variations to State Planning Policy 7.3 – Residential Design Codes:
- Unit 4 proposes a nil boundary wall with an approximate height of 2.8m along the southern boundary. In accordance with Clause 5.1.3 C3.2, the proposed wall is required to be setback 1m from the boundary.
- The Unit 12 and Unit 4 dwellings are proposed to be setback 1m and 1.5m respectively from the Yarran Road boundary in lieu of the R-Codes 4m deemed to comply requirement.
- Unit 12 proposes approx. 950mm of fill within the Yarran Road primary street setback area and Unit 4 proposes approx. 620mm of fill within the primary street setback area. In addition, approximately 600mm to 810mm of fill within 1m of the northern boundary and a retaining wall that runs the length of the northern boundary with a height ranging between 600mm to 810mm. Under the Site Works and Retaining Wall deemed to comply requirements of R-Codes (Clause 5.3.7 and 5.3.8), retaining walls and excavation over 500mm with 1m of a lot boundary is considered to be a variation.
- Units 5 to 12 propose a 6.5m wide wall with an approximate height between 3.1 and 3.4m and along the northern boundary (combined wall length approx. 78m). In accordance with Clause 5.1.3 C3.3 and Table 2a of the R-Codes, the proposed walls are required to be setback 1m from the boundary.
- Units 1 to 3 propose nil boundary walls with an approximate height of 2.8m along the shared boundary (combined wall length approx. 25m). In accordance with Clause 5.1.3 C3.3 and Table 2a of the R-Codes, the proposed walls are required to be setback 1m from the boundary.
If you have any queries regarding the proposal, please contact the City’s Planning Services on 9394 5213.
Please download relevant documents: