The City has received an application for the abovementioned proposal, which involves the following:
- A Child Care Premises within the existing double storey building (Farmhouse) which will be retrofitted internally. The Centre is intended to care for 44 children and employ 11 staff. The proposed operating hours are 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday as per the City’s Local Planning Policy PLN 3.2 - Child Care Premises and Family Day Care.
- The existing hay shed and stables will be repurposed to accommodate a Café and Restaurant respectively, both being ‘Restaurant’ uses under Town Planning Scheme No. 4 (TPS 4). Both buildings will accommodate a total of 272 patrons. Proposed operating hours are as follows;
- Café – 7am to 2pm Monday to Sunday; and
- Restaurant – 11am to 10pm Monday to Friday, and 7am to 10pm Saturday and Sunday.
- ‘Rural Pursuit’ use, being the keeping of animals (milking goats, piglets, donkeys or alpacas, and chickens). This use will be incidental to the main ‘Restaurant’ use.
- A 445m² shed to operate as a Garden Centre with a retail shop front. The Garden Centre will entail the growing and selling of plants. The proposed operating hours are 7am to 5pm Monday to Sunday.
- A Permaculture garden throughout the site, promoting the sustainable and self-sufficient growing of vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees. Fresh produce from the garden will be used in the Restaurant.
- A total of 94 car parking bays are proposed, which is in excess of 81 car parking bays required under TPS4.
- The proposed car parks are setback a minimum of 8.7 metres from the northern side boundary in lieu of 15 metres required under TPS4.
- The proposal results in 1320m² building coverage in lieu of 500m² under TPS4.
- Full movement vehicular access is proposed off Nicholson Road which is an ‘Other Significant Freight/traffic route’ under State Planning Policy 5.4 – Road and Rail Noise (SPP 5.4).
- The Acoustic Report prepared by Hewshott Acoustics International (dated 17 February 2021) supports the application and is available for review. The report concludes that with a combination of careful placement of mechanical plant and equipment, controlling of amplified music at low levels and at certain times of the day the proposal can meet the requirements of the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997. The report also concludes that with the implementation of ‘quiet house design package B’ for the Child Care Premises (being a noise –sensitive land use) the proposal can meet the requirements of SPP 5.4.
- A Transport Impact Statement prepared by KC Traffic and Transport Pty Ltd (dated 21 December 2020) supports the application and is available for review. The Statement concludes that the level of traffic to be generated by the proposed development is relatively low and will not have a negative impact on the surrounding road network.
- A Bushfire Management Plan (BMP) and Emergency Evacuation Plan (EEP) prepared by Emerge Associates (dated August 2020) supports the application and is available for review. The BMP concludes that with the implementation of the measures outlined in the BMP the level of risk from bushfire will be reduced. The EEP also concludes that with the implementation of the emergency evacuation procedures outlined in the EEP, the proposed development will be able to respond to a bushfire event during the bushfire season.
- The subject property is located within a Wetland Protection Area, and a Water Management Plan (WMP) prepared by Emerge Associates (dated August 2020) supports the application and is available for review. The WMP concludes that with the implementation of proposed management measures, including managing runoff from impervious areas, detention and treating stormwater within basins prior to it reaching James Drain, the proposed development meets the drainage and wetland protection area requirements under TPS4 and the Environmental Protection Act 1986.
Further details are available for viewing at the City’s Administration Building between the hours of 8.15am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
Should you have any queries regarding this proposal, please contact Felly Dhliwayo from the City's Planning Services on (08) 9394 5140 or via email FDhliwayo@armadale.wa.gov.au
Please download relevant documents: