Do you have an idea or innovation that could become a successful business?
- a person who owns or operates an existing local business
- a new start-up with an innovative business idea
- or a City of Armadale resident.
What is Ignition?
Ignition is an intensive, one week entrepreneurial training program for aspiring entrepreneurs, academics and corporate innovators to trial and then prepare high growth business ideas for the commercial environment.
Ignition is based on the Ignite program from the University of Cambridge and is comprised of a blend of practical teaching sessions, expert clinics, mentoring and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators. It will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business venture.
Ignition 2019 will run from Sunday 25 to Friday 30 August 2019
Who is it for?
The Program is aimed at founders of an early stage business and anyone with an idea for a new or improved product or service. You must have a passion for developing your idea into a real business proposition over one week. Any industry or background is applicable.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea
- Student, graduate or academic considering your own venture
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
What will you learn?
By the end of the week, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment
- Clarified your business idea, and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment
- Had a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas.
What will you gain?
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
In order to maximise your investment, be prepared to commit one week to this intensive and results focused program.
The City has funded a place on this program for a local resident or business to take part.
How to apply?
Applications for Ignition 2019 will open on Thursday 16 May 2019 and you can apply through Curtin's website.
- A City of Armadale resident; an owner or operator of a business in the City of Armadale; or a resident who has an innovative business idea and are looking to start their new business in the City of Armadale
- Willingness to participate in City of Armadale promotional activities and events, including business workshops and forums, and alumni associations
- The novelty of your business/idea/innovation
- The likelihood of your business sustainability (market potential and uniqueness of your proposal)
- The preparation and action you have taken to progress your business/idea/innovation.