Understanding your Rates Notice
- 1 How are your rates calculated?
This is your rates amount for 2019/20, which is calculated by multiplying the rate in the dollar by the valuation (GRV set by the Valuer General at Landgate).
- 2 Domestic Rubbish charge
Pays for your:
- Weekly rubbish and fortnightly recycling bins collection
- One general junk verge collection
- Two green waste verge collections
- Four (4) tip passes
- Discounted additional tipping (conditions apply)
- 3 Pool Inspection fee
This covers the cost of regular safety compliance inspections.
- 4 Emergency Services Levy
This is a State Government charge, shown on all Council rate notices. ESL money levied is paid to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
- 5 Your total rates, fees and charges outstanding for 2019/20
- 6 Your property assessment number
Required for when you register for e-Rates online
- 7 This is your GRV as set by Landgate
- 8 This is your recycling area