Tredale Field Park Upgrade
Tredale Field Park was last upgraded in late 2014 with the removal and disposal of the old playground and replacement with newer more inviting equipment with a laterite block wall constructed to create a playground pit containing new sand softfall.
As part of the 2018/2019 Major Park Upgrade budget allocation, Tredale Field has been identified as an appropriate area for upgrade.
Proposed upgrade works include
- Improved internal linking pathway access to and around the playground equipment to road entries and possible new steps
- Additional play equipment including a new play pit and slide/junior equipment
- Tree and strategic understory shrub planting will provide more shade and improve weed and dust control across the site
- Finally a shelter upgrade and picnic table installation, seating nodes in shady areas of the Park with views to the coast
- Consideration of a small irrigated grass area near the playground (subject to Water Corporation approval not granted at time of publishing).
- Works scheduled to commnece March 2019