These events are a great way to bring the community together and we are lucky to have a wide range of great events, big and small, running across the Armadale area.
We invite local residents and community groups to run their own events and have collated some information and tools to help you make your event a success.
Planning is the key element for any event.
Please refer to the guide below to ensure your event is a success.
A Public Event Notification Form is required for all public events.
As all events are different, each event has different risks and requirements. This form enables us to provide personalised advice for your event during your planning stage so that we can help ensure your event is a great success.
Once submitted, a City representative will contact you to provide any specific feedback or considerations.
Please send the completed form via email to email@example.com. The form must be submitted prior to promotion of the event and within the following timelines:
- Twelve (12) weeks prior to any medium to high risk event, e.g. festivals, market days
- Six (6) weeks prior to any low risk event, e.g. movie night.
If you require additional bins for your event you can order them through Waste Services using the form below.
- Electrical leads must be covered or positioned so that they don’t create a tripping hazard.
- All electrical leads and equipment must be tested and tagged within the last 12 months.
- Electrical joints and connections are not to be accessible to the public or exposed to damp conditions.
- If power is distributed a Form 5 Certificate of Electrical Compliance will need to be signed off by a registered electrician after set up (see below).
- Venues and facilities for hire
- What's on (events and workshops)
- Temporary food permits
- Liquor licensing
- Smoke free environments
- Community diary (for free event listings)
- Face and body painting guidelines (Department of Health)
- Creating accessible events (Disability Services)
- Risk management plan template
- Venue enquiries and bookings: Email the Recreation Services Team
- Permits and approval enquiries: Email the Health Services Team
- Funding enquiries: Email the Grants Officer
- General event enquiries: Email the Events Team
- Community resource enquiries: Email the Community Development Team
Organising larger events
For those that are organising larger events the following links may be useful:
- Guidelines for concerts, events and organised gatherings (Department of Health)
- Rides and amusement safety (Department of Health)
- Gaming permit (Racing Gaming and Liquor)
- Fireworks permit (Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety)
- Guidelines for safe use of gas appliances in public venues (Department of Commerce).