Roleystone Theatre Information Update
The Roleystone Theatre was closed in February 2018 due to public safety concerns.
In December 2018 Council considered a report on the future of the Roleystone Theatre and decided the following:
- Commit to the reopening of the Roleystone Theatre for occupation and use.
- Proceed with finalising a design that reflects the current scale, noting:
a. The main hall is to be repaired; and
b. Flytower to be restored or replaced; and
c. Other areas of the building to be rebuilt to similar sizes at current standards.
- Consider and seek funding sources in preparation for consideration as part of the 2019/20 budget.
- Consider user arrangements that support the Roleystone Theatre Group as a primary tenant but considers opportunities for others.
- Commission a heritage assessment and impact statement.
- Commit to the use of Roleystone Hall by the Roleystone Theatre Group until such time that the Roleystone Theatre is reopened.
A copy of the December Council minutes can be found at this link.
The City wants to understand wider community needs and is now looking to hear from interested individuals or community groups who may be interested in using the Roleystone Theatre once it reopens. Interested individuals or community groups should complete the form below. Please complete this form by: 25 February 2019.
For further details please contact the City's Community Planning Projects Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9394 5407.