Off Road Vehicles

Off Road Vehicles

Under the Control of Vehicles (Off Road Areas) Act 1978 it is an offence to drive or ride an off-road vehicle, unless it is used on private land with the owner’s consent or in a designated off-road area.

Off-road vehicles generate noise and environmental complaints and are required to be registered unless used exclusively on private land. Off-road vehicle use is not permitted on other lands within the City of Armadale.

What is an off-road vehicle

An off-road vehicle is any vehicle that is not road registered and cannot be registered in accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1974.

Road registered vehicles do not require separate off-road vehicle registration.

» Find out how to license an off-road vehicle in Western Australia

How to report misuse of an off-road vehicle

  • If you see or know of a person riding illegally on the roadway, call the police on 131 444.

  • If you see or know of a person riding illegally on a Council reserve please call the Rangers on 08 9394 5000 (business hours) or 1300 886 885 (after hours).

  • The more information you can provide, the more likely we are able to prosecute the offender. This includes:

    • Vehicle description: make, primary colour, secondary colour, any other distinguishing marks (stickers, number on bike, seat colour).

    • Rider description: Name and address (if known), helmet colour, face description, shirt colour, trouser colour, and boot/shoe colour.