There are three types of record searches available:
- Specific plan: such as a floor plan or site plan
- Specific set of building records: building permit for a specific structure
- Building approval enquiry: an archival search of all building records
The costs and time-frames for each are provided below:
|Building record type||Cost||Timeframe|
|Specific plan||$30.00||Up to 5 working days|
|Specific set of building records||$198.00||Up to 10 working days|
|Building approval enquiry||$198.00||Up to 15 working days|
- The City aims to complete all requests within the specified time-frame. The time-frames above allow for properties requiring extensive research.
- In some circumstances, more time may be required for a search. Should this happen, the applicant will be notified.
- The City maintains records dating back to the 1960s, however:
- The City doesn’t have full historic record of structures within its district
- Plans may not be to scale or depict all structures
- The quality and availability of records cannot be guaranteed.
Shared equity properties
Record for shared equity properties are available from the Department of Communities.
Plumbing diagrams can be obtained through the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
To apply for a record or plan:
- Complete a ‘Request for building records’ application form (below)
- Submit the completed form via email or in person at the City's Administration Office.
- Ensure the 'owner declaration' section is completed
- The applicable non-refundable fee must be paid before an application can be processed
- The City cannot accept credit card details via email
- If paying by credit card, the City will contact you for payment over the telephone.