Under the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 construction work must only be carried out between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday.
A Noise Management Plan must be submitted to the City seven days prior to any works commencing that are:
- Outside the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Associated with construction of industrial, commercial or multiple unit residential developments.
- In close proximity to residential areas.
- Likely to generate unreasonable noise.
To submit a Noise Management Plan for approval please complete and return the following application form, along with payment:
- Application for approval of a Noise Management Plan
- Noise Management Plan - ensuring it meets all the requirements outlined in the following document: Information required with an application for approval of a Noise Management Plan
Applications will not be assessed unless all information has been supplied and the fee paid.
For fee details please refer to the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
It is an offence under the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 to commence any works without an approved Noise Management Plan. Penalties apply.