If you have lost your pet and their picture is not below, please call the City on 9394 5000.
How we handle lost pets
Once a cat or dog comes into the rangers possession they are checked for a microchip. We will always try and unite pet and owner.
If we are unable to get hold of an owner or the dog is unable to be secured it may be impounded. Impounding is always a last resort.
Reclaiming your pet
If you pet is in the pound please call the City on 9394 5000 for costs of getting your pet out.
The following is required by law for the animals to be released:
- Sterilisation (cats only).
- Seizure or impounding of a registered dog or cat first occasion: $75
- Seizure or impounding of an unregistered dog or cat first occasion: $100
- Seizure or impounding of a dog or cat second occasion within a 12 month period: $150
- Seizure or impounding of a dog or cat third & subsequent occasions within a 12 month period: $200
- Dog or cat maintenance and sustenance fee of $20 per day
- Microchipping fee: $65 (via a voucher receipt for a local vet)
Fees must be paid in full on collection of pet. We cannot offer discounts or part payments.
Pound location and opening hours
Capstick Lane, Kelmscott (formerly known as 21 Kilburn Lane)
Opening hours from 2 August 2021
Monday to Friday 3.30 to 4.30pm
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays 9 to 10am (closed Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday)
The City does not rehome direct from the pound. All unclaimed animals fit for adoption are given to animal rescue and rehoming organisations.
If you want to rescue/re-home an animal please contact an organisation in your area to discuss adoption.