Town Planning Scheme No.4 (TPS No.4) is supported by a suite of local town planning policies (provided below), which guide decision-making and the implementation of the Scheme.
The relationship between the Scheme, the Local Planning Strategy, local planning policies and the process of policy-making is described in Part 2 of the TPS No.4. In general local planning policies must be consistent with the intent of the Scheme and the Residential Design Codes.
For more information please view the Town Planning Scheme and Local Planning Strategy page.
The local planning policies are numbered and grouped into five main parts which are consistent with State Planning Policy and the principles of sustainable development. These include:
- Environment and natural resources
- Sustainable settlements and community
- Economy and employment
- Transport and infrastructure.
All the local planning policies have been designed with a common simplified format including:
- An introductory statement explaining the background and purpose of the policy
- A statement of the circumstances to which the policy applies
- The policy objectives
- The policy statement which includes all the policy matters to be applied.
Some policies may also include definitions and appendices.