Requirements for ALL Hospitality Businesses
1. AHA – Hospitality – COVID-19 Hygiene Course
The State Department of Health has advised that this free online training is MANDATORY. Venues will only be able to operate once every employee has successfully passed the “all staff course”. Additionally every venue must have a staff member that has completed the more advanced “hygiene officer course” on site at all times (as the venue's dedicated hygiene officer). A record off staff complettion must be kept onsite. Click on the link below to access the course.
Requirements by Business Type
All Food Businesses including cafes, restaurants, food trucks, manufactures and various other types of food providers are required to develop a COVID Food Safety Plan. A summary of the key requirements are listed below.
- Ensure all staff have completed the Hospitality – COVID-19 Hygiene Course
- Develop a COVID Food Safety Plan
- Display a COVID Safety Plan certificate (you'll find this in the COVID Food Safety Plan template)
- Maintain a strict limit of a minimum of 2 square metres per person
- Carefully manage waiting areas to ensure social distancing.
- Find more information for licensed venues.
The above are a State Government requirement for ALL food businesses.
Additionally, the City has developed a re-opening guide for food businesses with the City. Click on the link below.
Meet your public safety requirements and ensure compliance with the Health (Public Buildings) Regulations 1992. A summary of the key requirements are listed below.