An application is necessary if any part of your home or property is being used in association with a business. 

Home office enquiries need to be referred to the City's Planning Services Department as in some cases approval may not be necessary.

The City's Town Planning Scheme No.4 provides use classes of home occupation, home office and home business that allows low impact occupations or hobbies to be conducted from a person's own home in areas where the zoning may otherwise not allow such uses. 

For more information please refer to the documents below.

Page Last Reviewed 23 August 2023