The Healthy Menu Options program recognises food businesses within the City who provide healthy options to the community and comply with the requirements of the Food Act 2008 to a satisfactory standard.
This logo means a menu item has been assessed by a health professional and is:
- High in dietary fibre
- Low in salt
- Low in saturated fats.
Participating food businesses also promote healthy options by:
- Making free tap water available to patrons
- Having healthier drink options for sale.
If you are a food business that would like to participate in the Healthy Menu Options program, or if you would like more information about the program, contact the City on 9394 5000.
Congratulations to the following participating food businesses:
- Café Me – Shop 30, Armadale Central, 10 Orchard Ave, Armadale
- Lapa Brazilian Barbecue – Shop 69, Armadale Central, 10 Orchard Ave, Armadale
- River Road Deli – 43 River Road, Kelmscott
- Affinity Café – 8 Wygonda Road, Roleystone
“We’re excited about joining the Healthy Menu Options program. Everyone can identify the healthy choices on our already appetising menu, thanks to the new and easy to read labels” – Café Me business owner.
“I’m happy to be a part of this program to help people make healthy choices” – River Road Deli business owner.
"We here at Affinity Cafe believe our customers can make more informed and balanced choices through the help of the Healthy Menu Options program. It is a great initiative and we are thrilled to be able to support healthy eating in our local community!" - Affinity Cafe manager.