Master Plan snapshot
Gwynne Park is the largest recreation reserve in the City of Armadale, at 16.26 hectares. It hosts many community based service and activity providers operating from a number of facilities. Components at Gwynne Park are:
- Armadale Arena
- Badminton Centre
- Lotteries House
- John Green Centre
- Armadale Sporting Club pavilion
- Armadale Bowling Club and greens
- Armadale Tennis Club and courts
- Armadale Girl Guides Hall
- Armadale Scout Hall
- Skate Park
- Outdoor basketball hard courts
- Playing fields – football, cricket and hockey
- Cricket nets
- Fire and Emergency Services training track and facilities.
The delivery of the Master Plan will be staged in two phases: short to medium and medium to long term. This will enable Gwynne Park to expand and change as the needs for additional sporting, recreational and community facilities arise over time through increased demand generated by population growth and increased levels of participation.
The significant population growth expected in the Wungong development area is a substantial factor in driving the need for the project.