Register of Gifts and Contributions to Travel
As of Friday 4 March 2016, the Local Government Act 1995 (the Act) requires a relevant person who;
- accepts a gift worth more than $200.00; and / or
- accepts a contribution to travel worth more than $200.00
to disclose the gift/contribution to the Chief Executive Officer within 10 days of receipt.
A relevant person is defined under section 5.74 of the Act as a person who is a Council member or a designated employee which includes:
- Council Members;
- The Chief Executive Officer;
- Employees with delegated powers and duties under Part 5, Division 4 of the Act;
- Employees who are members of committees comprising elected members and employees; and
- Other employees as nominated by the local government to be a designated employee.
The Chief Executive Officer is required to keep a record of the disclosures by way of a register, which is to be published on the City’s official website as well as made available for public inspection at the City’s Administration Building.
For further information please contact the City on 9394 5000.
To download a full PDF version
Section 5.82 of the Act
|Person making disclosure||Description of gift||Name of person who made gift||Address of person who made gift||Date received||Estimated value||Nature of relationship|
|Emma Garbelini||Scholarship to Leaders Conference inc Registration, Dinner & Accommodation||Luana Abbott Local Government Managers Australia WA||21/168 Guildford Road, Maylands WA 6051||3 May 2016||$990||Professional Association|
|Kerry Busby||Assistance and advice with painting previous business premises.||Steve Aldersea||Armadale WA 6112||8 March 2017||$500||Acquaintance|
|Pasquale (Paddy) Stranno||Tickets to the Hudson Circus||Hudson Circus||Armadale WA 6112||19 September 2017||$200||Employee of Landowner who hired out grounds.|