Facility and Reserve Terms and Conditions of Hire
The City of Armadale provides facilities for the community to use, with the expectation that they will be looked after and left with no damage and in a tidy and respectable condition.
The below terms and conditions are required to be met by hirers:
- All functions must conclude at midnight on Friday and Saturday evenings and 11pm Sunday to Thursday. Applicants may reserve the building until 1am for the purposes of cleaning.
- Bookings cannot be made tentatively, we must receive a completed booking form to secure the requested date. A late booking fee applies for applications received within 10 days of the event.
- Your booking is NOT confirmed until the booking fee is receipted and you receive written confirmation. You are advised not to issue invites or advertise your event until that time. The City shall not expedite, prioritise or confirm bookings purely for the reason that they been prematurely advertised or promoted by the applicant.
- All cancellations must be in writing via post or email. Cancellations within 10 days of the event shall forfeit all hire fees.
- The bond will be returned approximately 3 weeks after the date of the event. The bond will be returned to the person who made the bond payment and will be returned in the form of a cheque. Any damage or additional cleaning required to the venue may result in the costs being deducted from the bond.
- A call out fee may apply if the alarm is not correctly activated at the conclusion of a booking event that results in the City's staff being called to the venue.
- All incorporated bodies or those charging an entrance/ticket fee must provide proof of current public liability insurance.
Conditions of use:
- When music is on please consider the volume and ensure the doors are shut. For evening bookings please encourage guests to quickly vacate the area and not remain in the surrounding park or car park.
- Smoking is prohibited in any room and within 10 metres of doors, windows and vents. Discarded cigarette butts on the veranda or entrance areas will be considered littering and may incur the Local Government Littering Fines in addition to being considered additional cleaning and may result in costs being recouped from the bond.
- Liquor consumption is only permitted if you have obtained the appropriate permission from the City of Armadale. Sale of liquor is only permitted with a license from the Department of Racing, Gaming & Liquor. No alcohol is to be stored or left on the premises.
- Orderly behaviour and respectable conduct of patrons and visitors is expected at all times.
- Blu-tack, adhesive tape, thumb tacks or string are not to be used on any surfaces or to secure decorations or similar within the facility.
- No tap shoes or shoes with abrasive heels are to be worn.
- Extra bins are recommended for events with 80+ guests attending. If you choose not to hire additional bins, waste is to be taken away by the hirer. If any rubbish is left in the facility, the clean-up will be deducted from your bond.
- Please remove any liquid spills immediately. No eskies or ice chests should be placed on wooden floors.
- No confetti, rice, flower petals or similar material to be used.
- All electrical appliances and cords must carry a current compliance tag by a licensed electrician. Any power outage that requires a call out by staff and/or City’s electrical contractor, as a result of a non-compliant device, may result in the cost being deducted from your bond.
Requirements when leaving the facilities:
- No personal or hired items/equipment to be left in the facility following your booking. The City takes no responsibility for remaining items and these will be disposed of immediately.
- All cleaned chairs returned (in stacks of no more than 12) to storage area. Fold up all tables and place them on the storage trolleys where provided. Due to weight and to prevent damage to floor round tables require two persons lifting at all times. Tables are not to be dragged across the wooden floors.
- Remove all items in refrigerators, freezers, ovens, stoves and microwaves and decorations including helium balloons. The City takes no responsibility of any items left in facilities.
- The facility must be left in a clean condition and ready for use by the next hirer. Cleaning equipment is not provided at facilities and hirers must provide their own.
- Switch off all lights (except security lights). Secure doors and windows and locks and activate the alarms.
- Should you require facility assistance contact the Community Facilities Officer during office hours on 9394 5000. For after hours queries regarding security alarms, keys or emergency maintenance contact Property Services on 9394 5824.
- Please report any observed facility damage to firstname.lastname@example.org or the City’s after hours service on 1300 886 885.