Australia Day in Armadale, alcohol free
Come and celebrate a family friendly Australia Day with a jam-packed evening of festivities and fireworks in the Armadale City Centre.
Secure your spot early with a picnic on the local parks including Minnawarra and Memorial Park, and embrace the community celebration in this hassle free carnival atmosphere.
There will be plenty of activities for all ages including:
- A full program of live music, showcasing incredible local talent
- Free face painting and roving entertainers
- Free Water Fun Zone with slides and other activities in Memorial Park
- Lots of great Carnival Rides on Sanctuary lakes
- And a variety of food vans to tempt your taste buds!
The Australia Day stage is located on Minnawarra Park. Starting at 5.30pm, the stage will present a plethora of live entertainment, many being fabulous performers from right here in Armadale!
At 8.30pm the highlight of the evening is the spectacular fireworks display, set to the all Australian soundtrack and broadcasted by our very own Heritage FM local radio (107.3 FM) for those that are watching from home. Don’t forget to stick around for even more fabulous tribute act following the fireworks – just wait until you find out who it is this year!
This is a family friendly, alcohol and smoke free event proudly sponsored by our Major Partner Lotterywest. For further details and more information on the program and activities, follow the Facebook event on the City of Armadale Facebook page.
Additional Things to Know:
- This is a family friendly, smoke and alcohol free event.
- For the safety of your furry friend and young children, animals are not permitted at this event unless it is a service dog.
- Swimming in the lake and sparklers are also not permitted.
- Please note that photos and videos may be taken during this event. Should you or someone in your care not want their photo taken, please go to the information tent and request a red wristband.
- We recommend that people with children write a contact number on their arms in case they become lost at this event. Green wristbands are available from the Information Tent for this purpose.
- We ask that you do your bit for the environment and place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Please stay hydrated and bring refillable water bottles. Free water drinking fountains are available on Minnawarra and Memorial Park.
Carnival Amusements free rides competition
Enter here for your chance to win 5 x free rides in the Carnival Amusements area at this year's Australia Day in Armadale.
Entries close at noon Thursday 23 January.
Terms and conditions apply.
We strongly recommend that you plan your trip before you leave home, the following information will help ensure your trip is hassle free.
If you choose to arrive by car, parking will be available on the corner of Abbey Road and Armadale Road, where you can support the great work of our community by donating a gold coin upon arrival. Your donation will support a local community group with their activities for 2020.
The Armadale CBD has various car parks located nearby, including the Armadale Central Shopping Centre underground car park (closing 10.45pm). Please plan ahead to avoid disappointment.
Train or Bus
Armadale Train Station is a short 5-10 minute walk from Minnawarra Park. If you're taking Transperth, we suggest you plan your journey with the JourneyPlanner before you travel. Timetabled services will operate across the network and to travel on any of the bus, train or ferry services, you'll need to buy a ticket or use your SmartRider.
If you are planning to attend and have specific needs please feel free to contact an Events Officer on (08) 9394 5000 to discuss any requirements that you may have.
- ACROD Parking is available on Neerigen Street (20 bays) and permits must be displayed to secure a spot.
- The usual ACROD parking in the Armadale Central Shopping Centre car park will also be available until 10.45pm.
- Event activities and facilities are located on or next to pathways where ever possible.
- Accessible toilets will be available at each toilet location and accessed from footpaths.
Proudly partnered by
Phone (08) 9394 5000