In an annual Australian tradition, visit Armadale for an alcohol and smoke free Australia Day, a jam-packed evening of festivities and fireworks.
Secure your spot early with a picnic in either Minnawarra or Memorial Parks, and embrace this wonderful community in a hassle free carnival atmosphere.
There will be plenty of activities for all ages including:
- A full program of live music, showcasing incredible local talent
- Free face painting and roving entertainers
- Free Water Fun Zone with slides and other water activities in Memorial Park
- Free bubbleology and ‘Together We Can’ community sports in Memorial Park
- And lots of Carnival Rides and choices of food vans to tempt your taste buds!
The Australia Day stage is located on Minnawarra Park. Starting at 5.30pm, the stage will present a plethora of live entertainment, many being fabulous performers from right here in Armadale!
At 8.30pm the highlight of the evening is the spectacular fireworks display, set to the all Australian soundtrack collated by our very own Heritage FM local radio and broadcasted on 107.3 FM. We recommend planning to stick around for even more fabulous entertainment following the fireworks. You will see Australia’s best Freddie Mercury tribute act who appeared on television shows Starstuck in 2006 and Australia’s Got Talent in 2011. For those who were fortunate enough to see Queen perform live during their reign, this will be a wonderful trip down memory lane.
Please note, for the safety of your furry friend and young children, dogs are not permitted at this event unless it is a service dog.
This is a family friendly, alcohol and smoke free event proudly sponsored by our Major Partner Lotterywest. Follow the Facebook event on the City of Armadale Facebook page for further details and more information on the public program.
Follow the Facebook event on the City of Armadale Facebook page for further details: https://www.facebook.com/events/730659877297679/.
Additional Things to Know:
- This is a family friendly event which is why it is smoke and alcohol free.
- For the safety of your furry friend and young children, dogs are not permitted at this event unless it is a service dog.
- For everyone’s safety sparklers will not be permitted.
- Please note that photos and videos may be taken during this event. Should you or someone in your care not want their photo taken, please go to the information tent and request a red wristband.
- We recommend that people with children write a contact number on their arms in case they become lost at this event. Green wristbands are available from the Information Tent for this purpose.
- We ask that you do your bit for the environment and place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Free water drinking fountains are available on Minnawarra and Memorial Park so please stay hydrated and bring refillable water bottles.
We strongly recommend that you plan your trip before you leave home, the following information will help ensure your trip is hassle free.
Road closures will be in place on Friday 26 January, so please review the details below.
If you choose to arrive by car, parking will be available on the corner of Abbey Road and Armadale Road, where you can support the great work of our community by donating a gold coin upon arrival. Your donation will support ARC Artist Retail Collective showcasing local artists and adding vibrancy to the Armadale City Centre.
The Armadale CBD also has various car parks located around Minnawarra Park, including the Armadale Central Shopping Centre underground car park (closing 10.45pm), however plan ahead to avoid disappointment.
Train or Bus
Armadale Train Station is a short 5-10 minute walk from Minnawarra Park. If you're taking Transperth, we suggest you plan your journey with the JourneyPlanner before you travel. Timetabled services will operate across the network and to travel on any of the bus, train or ferry services, you'll need to buy a ticket or use your SmartRider.
- ACROD Parking is available on Neerigen Street (20 bays) and permits must be displayed to secure a spot.
- ACROD parking will also be available in the Armadale Central Shopping Centre car park until 11.15pm.
- Event activities and facilities are located on or next to pathways where ever possible.
- Accessible toilets will be available at each toilet location and accessed from footpaths.
- Memorial Park is a less populated area to enjoy the event and watch the fireworks from.
If you have specific needs please contact one of the Events Officers on 9394 5000 to discuss.
Phone (08) 9394 5000