This is a smoke and alcohol free event, which is proudly supported by our major partner Lotterywest.
In an annual Australian tradition, celebrate Australia Day with a jam-packed evening of festivities and fireworks in the Armadale City Centre.
Secure your spot early with a picnic in either Minnawarra or Memorial Parks, and embrace the community celebration in this hassle free carnival atmosphere, where there are lots for everyone to do.
At 8.30pm the highlight of the evening is the spectacular fireworks display to the all Australian soundtrack which will be broadcasted on local radio 107.3 Heritage FM for those watching the fireworks from home in the local area.
With plenty of activities for all ages and a full program of live music showcasing incredible local talent, check out what’s in store for 2018:
There’s family fun for everyone including:
- Free face painting and roving entertainers
- Free Water Fun Zone with water slides and a mechanical surfboard
- Free Go Karts and race car slide on Armadale Road
- Free bubbleology and community sports in Memorial Park amphitheatre
- Carnival Rides on Sanctuary Lakes
Located on Minnawarra Park, the Australia Day stage starts at 5.30pm and is packed with live entertainment from local Armadale and Perth bands.
- Local Emerging Artist’s – Kadence, Tobias & the Skelton Collective
- Welcome to Country and Official Speeches
- National Anthem by Ava Sharp
- Gerard Maunick & Band
- Proud Mary, the Ultimate Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute Band
Follow the Facebook event on the City of Armadale Facebook page for further details: https://www.facebook.com/events/557340001324834/.
Additional Things to Know:
- This is a family friendly event which is why it is smoke and alcohol free.
- For the safety of your furry friend and young children, dogs are not permitted at this event unless it is a service dog.
- For everyone’s safety sparklers will not be permitted.
- We ask that you do your bit for the environment and place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Free water drinking fountains are available on Minnawarra and Memorial Park so please stay hydrated and bring refillable water bottles.
We strongly recommend that you plan your trip before you leave home, hopefully the following information will help ensure your trip is hassle free.
Road closures will be in place on Friday 26 January, so please review the details below.
Click here for the full map.
Train or Bus
Armadale Train Station is a short 5-10 minute walk from Minnawarra Park. If you're taking Transperth, we suggest you plan your journey with the JourneyPlanner before you travel. Timetabled services will operate across the network and to travel on any of the bus, train or ferry services, you'll need to buy a ticket or use your SmartRider.
Please refer to Tickets and Fares for more information or call the Transperth Hotline on 13 62 13.
If you choose to arrive in your car, a car park will be available on the corner of Abbey Road and Armadale Road, where you can support the great work of our community by donating a gold coin upon arrival.
The Armadale CBD also has various car parks located around Minnawarra Park, including the Armadale Central Shopping Centre underground car park (closing 10.45pm) however plan ahead to avoid disappointment.
- ACROD Parking is available on Neerigan Street (20 bays) and permit’s must be displayed to secure a spot.
- Most event activities and facilities are located on or next to pathways.
- Accessible toilets at each toilet location.
- If you have specific needs please contact one of the Events Officers on 9394 5000 to discuss.
Phone (08) 9394 5000