The Dog Act 1976 requires all dogs over the age of three (3) months to be microchipped and registered.
- Registration will not be accepted until your dog is microchipped
- Microchipping exemptions are available from your vet if required.
- Complete the Animal registration form
- Ensure you have the following information to include with your form:
- Completed registration form
- Payment (see fees below)
- Proof of concession card holder (if applicable)
- Proof of microchipping (and sterilisation if applicable).
- Submit the completed form, payment and documents to the City of Armadale:
- In person at the City’s Administration Centre
- By post to City of Armadale, Locked Bag 2, ARMADALE WA 6992
- By email (payment details cannot be emailed, ask for Rangers to contact you to get your card details over the phone).
Please note, pensioner concession card holders receive 50% discount on the following fees.
|length of registration||unsterilised dog||sterilised dog||restricted/dangerous dog|
If you have a current registration from anywhere in Western Australia you can transfer this to the City for no additional cost. Complete the Animal Registration Form and tick the box transfer. Let us know which Council you are moving from and complete the form as though it was a new registration.
Please complete and submit the applicable form below:
The City allows for more than two dogs to be kept at a property. The following property sizes allow for the following number of dogs:
- Less than 4,000 square metres: maximum of 2 dogs
- 4,000 to 9,999 square metres: maximum of 3 dogs
- 10,000 square metres or greater: maximum of 4 dogs
If your property is less than the sizes above you can still apply to have up to six dogs. All dogs must be registered and microchipped to the property where they will reside. Complete the Application form to Keep Multiple Dogs and pay the application fee. A Ranger will conduct an inspection at the property and the application assessed for approval.