Conducting Personal Training in a Reserve
The City of Armadale requires personal trainers and fitness groups who wish to conduct any commercial activities on the City’s public open spaces to apply for a permit.
Why do you have to apply for a permit?
- You are using a public open space that is maintained by residential rates to conduct a commercial activity for personal gain.
- To produce financial assistance in maintaining the reserve.
- To ensure the reserve is not too crowded for casual users and other bookings.
- To ensure work is not scheduled to take place on the reserve that may affect your training.
- To ensure the reserve is suitable for the desired activities.
- To ensure reticulation is not running during the training, or to inform you when reticulation will occur.
- To ensure ground staff can tailor their maintenance schedule around your booking.
- To ensure that the appropriate Public Liability Insurance and other qualifications are in place for the booking.
- To ensure there are adequate facilities at the reserve to accommodate the booking.
Bookings cannot be advertised or commence until an approval letter has been received and payment has been made.
You will also need to provide the following documents as part of your application:
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Professional Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Current Business Certificate (Proof of ABN)