Building Services

The City of Armadale's Building Services controls the construction, occupation and demolition of buildings and incidental structures through the issuing of permits and the enforcement of compliance within the City.

The primary building standard for new building work is the Building Code of Australia. Regulations may prescribe extra standards for new work and different standards for work on existing buildings. For more information see the Building Act 2011 Overview.

There are four streams of application types provided by the City. For further clarification on these streams please click here.

Application forms are available from the Building Commission.

Building Class

The BCA classifies buildings by their use. A building may be made up of a number of classes if it has a mixed use. For further clarification on these classes please click here.

Stream One BA2 Uncertified Application

Ancillary Dwellings

Park Homes, Annexes and other structures


Front fences


Earthworks for Owner-Builders



Pergolas and Shade Sails

Retaining Walls

Swimming Pools, Spas and Associated Fencing

Building Commission's rules for Pools and Spas.

Swimming Pool Skimmer Boxes

Water Storage Tanks


Stream Two BA1 Certified Application


Building Approval Certificates

Commercial Applications - New Buildings

Stream Three Certification Services

Request for Service - Application Forms

Certificate of Design Compliance (CDC – Class 1a and 10 buildings)

Certificate of Design Compliance (CDC – Class 2 to 9 buildings)

Certificate of Construction Compliance (CCC)

Certificate of Building Compliance (CBC)

Certificate of Building Compliance (CBC - Strata)

Request for written advice/consultation

Stream Four Outside Jurisdiction – Certification Services

Application Forms

Request for written advice/consultation


Residential Design Codes Variation (RDCV)

Application forms

Neighbour consultation forms


Other Links

Building Commission

Building Commission - Owner Builder

Energy Efficiency

Building Commission - Powering your new house for less - sustainable housing

Switch your thinking - A small change can make a difference

Application forms