Bob Blackburn Reserve
What's on this page
Master Plan snapshot
The Bob Blackburn Reserve site is approximately 18 hectares in size situated within the suburb of Seville Grove, comprising 5 lots, all zoned ‘Parks and Recreation’. Components of the site include:
- Seville Grove library
- Armadale Aquatic Centre
- Champion Centre
- Adjacent sporting fields for rectangular and diamond sports
- Significant bushland
- Armadale Community Family Centre
- Mundarda Childcare Centre
It is close to the local shopping centre and provides access for residents through an unofficial laneway between the Library and Champion Centre.
Detailed feasibility work on this project took place in 2016/17, resulting in a proposal identifying how the two facilities could be developed into the future and outlining an opportunity to introduce the project into the Long Term Financial Plan earlier than anticipated and potentially with a reduced demand on municipal funds. The project has since received significant support through a $4 million grant from Lotterywest.
The components of this project are:
- Upgrade of the Champion Centre – improve the internal design and enhance access
- Enhanced access to bushland and functional outdoor areas
- Repurposing of the Seville Grove Library
- Two community art works
It is anticipated the upgrades will be complete in time for the reopening of the City’s Aquatic Centre following the major upgrade of that facility.