Armadale Aspire Career Development Program
The City of Armadale's youth career development program, Armadale Aspire, is modeled on the Kwinana Industry Council's award-winning iProjects, and an annual partnership between the City, local businesses and local high schools. Armadale Aspire is aimed at increasing job-readiness, broadening young locals’ horizons and introducing the students to the variety of diverse career opportunities within their own region. In addition to incorporating a series of career development workshops such as resume writing and interview techniques, the Program provides industry excursions and the opportunity to meet potential employers, providing real life experience while exposing the variety of roles and industries locally.
With some incredible outcomes in the past two programs, the City alongside key education and industry partners, will deliver the 2019 program across a period of seven weeks in July, August and September.
The 2018 Armadale Aspire Program Partner Schools included:
- Armadale Senior High School
- Carey Baptist College
- Cecil Andrews College
- Dale Christian School
- John Wollaston Anglican Community School
- Kelmscott Senior High School
- Roleystone Community College
- Southern Hills Christian College
The 2018 Armadale Aspire Program Business Partners included:
- Armadale Kelmscott Memorial Hospital
- Armadale Reptile Centre
- Beaver Tree Services
- City of Armadale
- Classic Sounds
- Daly and Shaw
Why get involved as a business?
- Inspire young locals for their career choices
- Get to know young locals and feel part of the Armadale community
- Have a positive impact on young locals future
- Third party positive promotion for your business
- Explore possible internship opportunities
- Get to meet potential future employees
For more information on the upcoming 2019 Program or to enquire about partnering on this initiative for 2019, please contact the Community Development Officer - Youth on 9394 5637 or email@example.com.