1900 - 1949 Timeline
1900 - 1949
1900 - Original Armadale Primary School was built.
1901 - The Narrogin Inn restyled itself 'Ye Olde Narrogin Inne'
1903 - Original Roads Board Office was built.
1903 - Bedfordale area named by Kelmscott Road Board.
1904 - St Matthew's Anglican Church built in Armadale.
1905 - Roleystone School opened (it stood opposite the current-day Roleystone Theatre). First teacher J. Hickman.
1907 - Armadale to Fremantle Railway Line constructed (closed 1964).
1908 - Armadale Tennis Club established.
1909 - Gazettal of Armadale Townsite on 26 February.
1909 - Five wards created: Kelmscott, Roleystone, Armadale, Bedfordale and Beenup.
1910 - Kelmscott Roads Board renamed the Armadale-Kelmscott Roads Board.
1910 - Armadale Water Supply came online, local Water Board gazetted.
1911 - Public street lighting was introduced (initially Kerosene lights).
1913 - Turner Road Bridge built across Canning River.
1913 - St Francis Xavier church opened.
1914 - Wards increased from five to seven. Addition of Karragullen and Armadale West.
1915 - Forrestdale School opened. First teacher Miss Agnes Jeffrey.
1916 - WWI Memorial Obelisk erected in Armadale. First in Western Australia.
1920 - Soldiers' Memorial Park offically established.
1920 - Beenup township renamed 'Byford'.
1921 - Captured field gun from Hindenburg Line donated to Armadale RSL for Memorial Park.
1921 - Kelmscott WWI Memorial Obelisk unveiled.
1922 - Tennis courts opened in Armadale at Soldiers' Memorial Park.
1924 - First truck purchased by Armadale-Kelmscott Roads Board.
1924 - Power lines installed.
1925 - Official opening of the Churchman's Brook Dam.
1925 - First Roleystone Show.
1926 - First Byford Show.
1928 - Opening of the first Armadale Kelmscott Hospital.
1930 - Araluen Park was officially opened.
1940 - Official opening of the Canning Dam.