City of Armadale

Images of Armadale
Thursday, 29 January 2015

Services and Facilities

Dividing Fences and Neighbourhood Disputes

Dividing Fences

The City of Armadale does not administer the Dividing Fences Act 1961. For more information booklets are kept in the foyer area at the City’s administration building or contact the dividing fences section of the Building Commission.

To contact the Building Commission - Dividing Fences Section.

In the event of a dispute between neighbours regarding a dividing fence, the Gosnells Community Legal Centre can be contacted for advice. The centre can be contacted on 9398 1455 between the hours of 9:30am and12:30pm, and 1:30pm and 3:30pm, Tuesday to Friday or visit their website at

Building related compliance issues and complaints must be put in writing to the Building Department so that they may be acted on.

Back to top

Tree Dispute Between Neighbours

IMPORTANT: As a general rule the City of Armadale DOES NOT become involved in disputes of a private nature. The City of Armadale encourages all property owners to actively discuss the issues with their neighbour in an endeavour to resolve the dispute. The City recommends property owner to obtain Legal advice on tree disputes through Legal Aid Western Australia.

Legal Aid Western Australia

Relevant Web Page

Dividing Fences and Other Boundary Issues


1300 650 579

If no resolution has been resolved following discussions with your neigbour then the City can be engaged to deteremine if a hazard is present and shall, if required, acquire the services of an independent arboriculturalist.

Should the report confirm a hazard, the City will request the work to be performed by the property owner where the tree resides. If the work is not completed within the required time stated by the City, the City shall engage a contractor to perform the works required to make the tree safe and recover all expenses incurred.

Should the report confirm no hazard present, no further action will be required.

To lodge a Tree Dispute with the City, download the Tree Dispute Lodgement Form and return to the City.

Back to top

Get Adobe Reader

To view PDF files you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Get Adobe Reader Now. Having problems viewing PDF files on this website? Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed.